Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 Reflection: The Cross and Spiritual Communion

On this day, we meditate on the sorrowful mysteries as we pray the Holy Rosary. As you have seen on this blogsite, I love the way music makes the mysteries of God so vivid and meaningful. The following video clip is no exception as the sorrowful mysteries are put to sacred music. Behold the beauty of the Lord!

As you watch, listen, pray and weep, enter into the love of Christ by praying the prayer of Spiritual Communion of St. Francis:

I believe that you, O Jesus,
are in the most holy Sacrament.
I love you and desire you.
Come into my heart.
I embrace you.
Oh, never leave me.
May the burning and most sweet power of your love,
O Lord Jesus Christ,
I beseech you,
absorb my mind that I may die through love of your love,
who were graciously pleased to die through love of my love.



Open our hearts Lord Jesus. Remove from my heart that which prevents
your life and your love from living fully in me. Amen.

No comments: