Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Music To Get You Over the Hump

We all need a lift every now and then. Below I have three music videos for you.

The phrase "reckless abandon" was used by Vince Lombardi to describe how Hall of Fame fullback, Jim Taylor ran the football. He was the type of running back who ran over and through people. He didn't care how big or mean the human obstacle was, or what pain and exhaustion he would endure. He simply punished himself as he ran with "reckless abandon" to the goal of getting a touchdown.

This phrase stuck in my head while I was still a Protestant minister and still describes to me Jesus' commitment to love His father and do His will. Now as a Catholic, this phrase has even greater meaning. Whenever I see the crucifix, whenever I assist at Mass, whenever I say the name "Jesus" or think of Him, I see in Him an example of love that loves the Father and us with "reckless abandon."

I want to share a few songs with you today that speak of this "reckless abandon" in our response to Jesus. It is to be our love in "reckless abandon" in response to our Lord. My prayer is that you don't hold back, but love our Jesus with everything "you got."

And now, Steven Curtis Chapman in "For the Sake of the Call."



And with "reckless abandon, go ahead and "Dive" in. The water's great!



You may be thirsty, weary, lonely, battered, and need encouragement. Don't hesitate...RUN TO THE LORD! He waits for you, dear Christian! Here's Matt Maher's "Come to the Water."



God bless you!

No comments: